I was graciously nominated by Aaron Wannamaker, of the blog Muslisms to do the Free Style Writing Challenge.
The concept of freestyle writing revolves around the central idea of putting down words that may or may not relate to a particular topic and within a certain time period regardless of spelling or perhaps also grammar.
Here are the rules:
1) Open an MS Word document
2) Set a stop watch or your mobile to 5 minutes or 10 minutes whichever challenge you to think you can beat.
3) Your topic is at the foot of this post. But do not scroll down to see it until you are ready with the timer
4) Fill the word doc with as many words as you want. Once you began writing, do not stop even to turn. Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in MS WORD.
5) You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and capitals. However, if you do, it would be best.
6) At the end of your post write down ‘No. Of words =_____’ so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
7) Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new Topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nominations (at least 5 bloggers).
Here goes…& my topic is: the best gift you ever received
Hmmm. The best gift I’ve ever received? Wow. What a tough question. I am not even gonna lie, I’ve actually been trying to contemplate that very fact for the past few days if not week. I mean, what is a gift anyway?
Does it necessarily have to be given to you or is being able to give a gift in of itself like the gift of life? And then there is the gift of friendship or in my case acquaintanceship. And if someone were to gift you with trust or belief, is that a gift too? Perhaps even love? How about a talent, that’s got to be a God-given gift, right? Perhaps, even an opportunity is a gift too? And the thing about gifts is, it may not always be delightful as it sounds, maybe a test/hardship is a gift? And then there is being gifted with illness or a lack of ability.
I assume with regards to the experience we acquired and the values we hold, the definition of ‘gift’ varies.
Nevertheless, I haven’t come to terms with my definition of a gift. But if I were to choose one of the gifts that I’ve been gifted with right off the bat, I would choose a product of Qadr, which is THE GIFT OF HARDSHIP. Once upon a time, Hardship made me, Me. As a result, I always say: The worst thing that has ever happened to me is by far the best as I am who I am today because of it and I can’t imagine who I would be without it.
Word count: 264 words
Your topic is: The greatest lesson I’ve ever learned
1 thought on “The Free Style Writing Challenge”
Selam alaikum, thank you so much for your nomination. If you don´t mind i will post my reply here.
the best gift you ever received
Definitely Islam! I´m so grateful that Allah ta ala has guided me to Islam. Without my Faith my Life would not be complete. Puhh, time is ticking. Don’t expect to much cause i also had to translated and check the grammar. :-) The other two best gifts are my hubby and my kids. I´m blessed with a companion who is my soul made and also my best friend. And we just adore our children. All these gifts came from Allah. Allhamdullilah.
So, time is up. Sorry for the errors.